Play at mc.pigcraft.net! Click here for a free diamond. Also visit our Discord!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Which entry should win this contest?
This poll is closed.
Tree spawn thingy by coolkate1
5.56%
1 5.56%
City of Danaera by Chris_SI
22.22%
4 22.22%
Glowstone Spiral Spawn (I guess cx) by minebudders
0%
0 0%
Gilded Courtyards by Ellyssa
16.67%
3 16.67%
Pigcraft Spawn by Triple_Backfist
55.56%
10 55.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spawn Area (Contest)
Music 
Time to vote on the best submission from the Spawn Area contest! Look over each entry carefully before making a selection in the poll above. Candidates may vote for themselves or others. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the contest organizer.

Tree spawn thingy by coolkate1

City of Danaera by Chris_SI

Glowstone Spiral Spawn (I guess cx) by minebudders

Gilded Courtyards by Ellyssa

Pigcraft Spawn by Triple_Backfist

Do I get an "I voted" sticker?

Edit by HP:

[Image: http://viz.dwrl.utexas.edu/sites/viz.dwrl.utexas.edu/files/lefty%20says%20go%20vote.jpg]
[Image: http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg]

[Image: http://www.dragonflycave.com/wpay/magikarp.gif]

I knew my entry was pretty different with a purple wool and sandstone theme, but I didn't think that I'd get no votes at all for it. Don't misunderstand this, I know I have two votes. However, I didn't aquire them fairly. I voted on myself (foolishly done obviously) and when I noticed no one else had voted on my build, I became sceptical. I then headed to skype, and asked one of my friends if they could do me a favour and vote on my build. Two votes. I figured I'd probably get a few more later, and went to bed. When I woke up, I decided to check out how things were going. Turned out there was yet no votes on my build, however, Triple's had reached the top - 8 votes. And Ellyssa with 3 votes reached a second place. Now, I have a question for the lot of you. What exactly do you want a spawn to look and be like? Where did I go wrong? Let's be honest, I consider myself a good builder, not gonna lie, so when I recieve no votes at all on a build I spent several tenths of hours on, I become frustrated. ''How come no one likes my build?'' I think. Were I too confident in my self? Did I just build a complete pile of doo-doo that no one could possibly want to win in anything at all? Years earlier, I didn't have half the building skills that I do today. Yet, I was satisfied. I thought to myself ''this is something to be proud of.'' Nowadays when I don't play Minecraft as much as then, mainly because I had way more time on my hands and less homework and work in general. Now, I look at my builds and think nothing, really. I don't build for my pleasure, but for others. Well, the main reason I built this was for the prize of whopping $40, but now I realize I'll probably have to spend those money from my own pocket, because winning is an option long gone for me, at least. You know, even though several people have called me 'the undisputed best builder of pigcraft'', I've actually never ever officially won a contest. (except the pvp stuff)And you know what? It frustrates me more and more that for some reason, I just can't get things right. This isn't even only in the world of Minecraft, it also happens a lot to me in real life. Sure, I'm decent, but I'm surely not better than others, and definitely not the best. Even though I have a bright mind, some people just don't like me, no matter how hard I try. Especially when teachers on my school gives grades from how well they like one. Most judge, and yes, this is true, from boobs. Literally. Girls in my class get good grades because of their titties. Which I lack. I do not have titties on my chest. Not anywhere on my body. So is that the reason why I must fail oh so miserably? Probably not, I'm probably just some whiny little boy who thinks he's the worst, and maybe, just maybe, I'm only writing this because of a hard time, and a recent passing of a dear family member. But let's just stick with being a whiny little boy, shall we?

Thank you.
''Me fail english? That's unpossible!'' -Ralph Wiggum

Bit off topic, so forgive me pls Staff.
~~~

Hey Chris,

Firstly I'll say I'm sorry to hear about your loss and I offer my condolences. Life has tendency to drop all the bad news at once on us, and I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time my friend. I hope things start to turn around for you soon!

In regards to your questions about building, I'll offer my thoughts as a fellow builder. You are by far an incredible builder. Don't doubt that at all. Your style of design and building is commend by players all the time. Just 2 days ago we had 3 new guest on that were talking about how awesome your haunted house at spawn is. I think the problem you ran into this time is size. The style you build works in heavy structural detail and design, so in large builds it looks really impressive, but in smaller builds they look pretty but almost... cluttered (only word I can think of atm). You're build isn't bad at all so please don't think that is what is being said by the vote outcome!

The spawn I made I spent ~50 hours on, and when I posted my entry I explained every choice I made in the build. I worked not only to look good but to utilize every inch block that I was give room to use. I thought about our current spawn and what people like and don't like before building.

I fully believe you to be one of the best builders we've ever seen on Pigcraft. I have always said that (those exact words). If being one of the best is not enough then you have to expand yourself. This is just like in real life. Never stop because you think you are at the top or others will catch up. Rinsey, Zombie_Chow, and I have always worked hard to earn the same title you are after. I never build the same thing twice (or if I do it is always vastly different). Do the same and you may even find new love for the game.

I truly hope you don't let current events drag you down Chris. You have so many friends that want the best for you. I hope things start turning around for you in real life soon, I really do. Keep you head up my friend!

Best Regards,
-TripleB

Just because someone doesn't vote for your project, doesn't mean it's bad. :P

Edit: I noticed Triple has entered. o.O one does not simply win against TB in a building contest.

The man built some of the best stuff in Zenovia. Seriously, top notch. Doesn't, by any means, make your build bad though.. it's just hard to beat... that. *boggle*
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup; best prepared with tenderizing from the banhammer and cooked in the spawn lavajail.

Need admin help? PM me, and I'll get to you when I'm next available. I can fix forum and (most) in-game issues.

(01-22-2015, 10:23 AM)Chris_SI Wrote: I do not have titties on my chest. Not anywhere on my body. So is that the reason why I must fail oh so miserably?

T_B has boobs?

(01-22-2015, 05:30 PM)HappyPikachu Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 10:23 AM)Chris_SI Wrote: I do not have titties on my chest. Not anywhere on my body. So is that the reason why I must fail oh so miserably?

T_B has boobs?

-_-* I assure you that is not the case :p

-TB

(01-22-2015, 05:33 PM)Triple_Backfist Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 05:30 PM)HappyPikachu Wrote:

T_B has boobs?

-_-* I assure you that is not the case :p

-TB

TRIPLE CONFIRMED FOR FAT MANBOOBS!!!111
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup; best prepared with tenderizing from the banhammer and cooked in the spawn lavajail.

Need admin help? PM me, and I'll get to you when I'm next available. I can fix forum and (most) in-game issues.